The Energy and Climate Change Committee holds its first evidence session into the IPCC 5th Assessment Review on Tuesday 28 January 2014 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1 at 9.30am:
- Prof. Sir Brian Hoskins, Grantham Institute, Imperial College London
- Prof. Myles Allen, Oxford University
- Dr. Peter Stott, Met. Office
Panel 2 at 10.30am:
- Donna Laframboise, author
- Nicholas Lewis, climate researcher
- Prof. Richard Lindzen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Timings are approximate.
Purpose of the session
Topics being examined include:
- IPCC AR5 key findings on climate change;
- Consensus and uncertainty about climate change;
- Reliability of climate models used by the IPCC;
- Areas of scrutiny (climate sensitivity, the hiatus etc.); and
- The structure and practices of the IPCC.