The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on 'Investment in Energy Infrastructure and the Energy Bill' at 17:00 on Tuesday 20 November 2012 in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
- Rt Hon Edward Davey MP, Secretary of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
- Simon Virley, Director General, Energy Markets and Infrastructure, DECC
- Jonathan Brearley, Director of Energy Strategy and Futures, DECC
- Phil Wynn Owen, Interim Permanent Secretary, DECC
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- What progress has been made in developing proposals for electricity market reform.
- How Government might increase investor confidence.
- Potential sources of finance for new energy infrastructure.