The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on Investment in Energy Infrastructure and the Energy Bill for the third time.
The Committee will meet at 4.00 pm on Tuesday 4 December 2012 in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
At 4pm, Tuesday 4 December, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Mr John Hayes MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Patrick Erwin, Head, EMI Strategy and Programme Office, DECC
- Jonathan Brearley, Director of Energy Strategy and Futures, DECC
- Hannah Brown, Head of Renewables Industry and Investment, DECC
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The recently published Energy Bill
- Proposals to introduce Contracts for Difference to support investment in low-carbon energy
- Decarbonisation of the electricity system
- Proposals to include demand-reduction measures in the Energy Bill
- How Government might increase investor confidence