The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence on Heat on Tuesday 12 November 2013 in the Wilson room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1 at 9.30 am:
- Marcus Stewart, Energy Demand Manager, National Grid,
- Kelly Butler, Marketing Director, BEAMA,
- Donald Daw, Divisional Commercial Director, Mitsubishi Electric UK, and
- Chris Davidson, Chair of Policy Development Committee, Ground Source Heat Pump Association.
Panel 2 at 10.30 am:
- Dr Richard Leese, Director, Mineral Products Association,
- Paul Blacklock, Head of Corporate Affairs, Calor Gas Ltd,
- Jim Lambeth, General Manager, Solid Fuel Association, and
- Mike Mason, DPhil Researcher, University of Oxford.
Timings are approximate.
Topics to be covered
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The impact of heating for household and industrial costs and Greenhouse Gas emissions;
- The Government policies in reducing heat demand;
- The role of combined heat and power and district heating in reducing the costs and emissions associated with heating;
- The future of the gas and electricity grids; and
- The specific issues related to heating off-grid homes.