The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence on Heat on Tuesday 29 October 2013 in the Wilson room, Portcullis House
Panel 1 at 9.30 am:
- Robert Sansom, Representative of UK Energy Research Centre
- Dr Peter Bonfield, Representative of Engineering the Future
- Liz Lainé, Policy Manager, Consumer Futures
- David Frise, Head of Sustainability, Building and Engineering Services Association
Panel 2 at 10.30 am:
- Dr Tim Rotheray, Director of the Combined Heat and Power Association
- Dr David Hawkey, Research Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- Richard Lowes, Public Affairs and Policy Manager, Scotia Gas Networks
- Peter Hamnett, Policy Specialist, UK District Energy Association
Timings are approximate.
Which topics will be covered?
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The impact of heating on household and industrial costs and Greenhouse Gas emissions;
- The Government policies to reduce heat demand;
- The potential for energy storage;
- The role of combined heat and power and district heating in reducing the costs and emissions associated with heating; and
- The future of the gas and electricity grids.