The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on Gas Generation Strategy at 9.30am on Wednesday 13 February 2013 in Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster.
- David Kennedy, Chief Executive, Climate Change Committee
- Professor Samuel Fankhauser, Co-Director, Grantham Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, LSE
- Simon Skillings, Senior Associate, E3G
- Rachel Cary, Senior Policy Adviser, Green Alliance
- Keith MacLean, Policy and Research Director, SSE
- Steve Hargreaves, Corporate Strategy Director, EDF Energy
- David Cox, Managing Director, The Gas Forum
- Mark Somerset, European General Manager and Vice President, InterGen
- Graham Meeks, Director, Combined Heat & Power Association
- Charlotte Morton, Chief Executive, Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas Association
- Jeff Chapman, Chief Executive, Carbon Capture & Storage Association
- Professor Roger Kemp, IET Energy Policy Panel, Institution of Engineering and Technology
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- To what extent the Strategy has provided certainty to investors;
- Whether the Strategy will impact on our ability to meet the UK’s climate change obligations;
- The extent to which the Strategy has addressed Carbon Capture and Storage, Combined Heat and Power and Green Gas.