Following its session on energy prices, the Energy and Climate Change Committee has written to the witnesses to ask for a clarification of each company’s costs
Information requested on costs:
- for wholesale energy prices, transporting electricity and gas to customers homes and energy and climate change policy costs;
- for the period 2011-2012 and 2012-2013; and
- expressed in pounds and pence and percentages.
The Committee has also asked the companies to answer these questions:
- In your supply business, what was a) the total cost and b) absolute profit in £ per kWh delivered for gas and electricity in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012?
- What is your profit margin, expressed as a percentage of an average dual fuel bill, less the costs which you pass through to customers (i.e. wholesale costs, transmission and distribution costs and any Government imposed obligations)?