The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold its third oral evidence session of its inquiry “A European Supergrid” at 12.30pm on Thursday 30 June 2011 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
- Charles Hendry MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The costs and benefits of a European supergrid
- The problem of intermittent renewable generation
- European initiatives for developing offshore grids
- Regulatory and technical challenges for developing a supergrid