The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in the fourth session on Energy Prices, Profits and Poverty, on Tuesday 21 May 2013, at 2.15pm in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
2.15pm, Grimond Room
- Andrew Wright, interim Chief Executive
- Sarah Harrison, Senior Partner, Sustainable development
Department of Energy & Climate Change
3.15pm, Grimond Room
- Rt Hon Edward Davey MP, Secretary of State
- Rachel Crisp, Head, Energy Markets and Consumers
- Gareth Baynham-Hughes, Head, Fuel Poverty
(Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Minister of State, is no longer able to attend).
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- Monitoring energy company profits;
- Transparency of energy company profits (including Consolidated Segmental Statements and Supply Market Indicators);
- Regulating the market: liquidity and competition;
- The Energy Bill and DECC oversight of Ofgem;
- Wholesale energy prices and the markets;
- Impact of environmental and social levies; and
- Government approach to tackling fuel poverty.
Written evidence from witnesses
Image: Parliamentary copyright