The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on Energy Prices, Profits and Poverty at 10am on Tuesday 16 April 2013 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1, at 10 am:
- Alistair Phillips-Davies, Deputy Chief Executive, SSE
- Jim Poole, Director of B2C, EDF Energy
- Tony Cocker, CEO, E.ON
- Juliet Davenport, CEO & Founder, Good Energy
Panel 2, at 11 am:
- Paul Massara, CEO, RWEnpower
- Ian Peters, Managing Director, Energy, British Gas
- Neil Clitheroe, CEO Retail and Generation, ScottishPower
- Stephen Fitzpatrick, Managing Director, Ovo Energy
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The corporate structure of energy companies
- How energy companies trade, including over-the-counter trading and how liquidity might be improved
- Energy companies’ Consolidated Segmental Statements and what they tell us about profit margins
- Energy company profits and the link between profits and energy prices
- Energy company communications with customers
- How energy companies identify fuel-poor and vulnerable customers
Questions will be informed by submissions to the committee’s recent Twitter consultation, #AskEnergyFirms.
This session will be broadcast live on BBC Parliament and at www.parliamentlive.tv.