The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the fifth public evidence hearing of its Electricity Market Reform inquiry on Tuesday 15 February 2011 in the Thatcher room, Portcullis House
Energy and Climate Change Committee
Who will give evidence?
At 10.15 am
- Joan MacNaughton, Senior Vice President, Power and Environmental Policies, Alstom Power
- Christina Grumstrup Sorensen, Senior Vice President of Renewables, Dong Energy
- Robert Cross, Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs, Natural Gas, Statoil
- Adrian Haworth, Director of Market Development, Europe, GE Energy
At 11.15 am
- Mark Ripley, Regulatory Frameworks Manager, National Grid
- Tony Glover, Head of Press and Public Affairs, Energy Networks Association
- Jeff Chapman, Chief Executive, Carbon Capture and Storage Association
Timings are approximate.
What will this session cover?
- The need for new electricity generation capacity
- How to reduce electricity demand
- Transmission challenges and interconnection
- The package of proposals in the EMR consultation
Who else will the committee see?
A provisional timetable of oral evidence ( PDF 82 KB) is available on the committee’s website.