The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold the final public evidence hearings of its Electricity Market Reform inquiry on Tuesday 15 March 2011, when it will question Lord Turner from the Committee on Climate Change and the Secreatary of State for Energy and Climate Change, Chris Huhne MP.
Morning session, Committee Room 5, Palace of Westminster
At 10.15 am:
- Lord Turner of Ecchinswell, Chair, Committee on Climate Change
- Dr David Kennedy, Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Duncan Sinclair, Director, Redpoint Energy
At 11.15 am:
- Rhian Kelly, Director for Business Environment, CBI
- Audrey Gallagher, Head of Energy, Consumer Focus
- Richard Hall, Principal Policy Advocate, Consumer Focus
Afternoon Session, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
At 2.30 pm:
- Rt Hon Chris Huhne MP, Secretary of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Charles Hendry MP, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- officials from HM Treasury and the Department of Energy and Climate Change
Timings are approximate.
What will these sessions cover?
- how to decarbonise the electricity sector by 2030
- how to reform the electricity market in an affordable way
- how to achieve security of electricity supplies