The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold its first public evidence session on ‘The road to UNFCCC COP 18 and beyond’ at 10.30 am on Thursday 10 May 2012, in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
Who will give evidence?
At 10.30 am approx
- Dr. Katherine Watts, International Climate Change Policy Adviser, WWF-UK
- Mohamed Adow, Senior Committee Adviser, Global Advocacy and Alliances, Christian Aid
- Jazmin Burgess, International Policy and Research Officer , UNICEF
At 11.15 am approx
- Tim Fox, Head of Energy and Environment, Institution of Mechanical Engineers, (IMechE)
- Gareth Stace, Head of Climate & Environment Policy, EEF, (The Manufacturers’ Organisation)
All timings are approximate.
What will the evidence cover?
This session will explore what the UK and EU should be prioritising in the run-up to UNFCCC COP 18 international climate negotiations in Doha this December. The Committee will inquire into:
- what a legally binding global framework to reduce emissions should look like;
- whether there will be sufficient finance committed to fund the UNFCCC programmes and commitments; and
- whether the UK should pursue an agreement to reduce emissions through forums other than the UNFCCC?