The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on DECC Annual Report and Accounts at 10.00am on Wednesday 23 January 2013 in The Wilson Room, Portcullis House.
- Rt Hon Edward Davey MP, Secretary of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change, (DECC)
- Phil Wynn Owen, Interim Permanent Secretary, DECC
- Vanessa Nicholls, Temporary Chief Operating Officer, DECC
- Simon Virley, Director General, Energy Markets and Infrastructure, DECC
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- DECC's financial management and policy delivery
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and its budget management
- The funding and policy for Carbon Capture and Storage
- The Levy Control Framework and its impact on bill payers
- Energy security and capacity margins
- Leadership, skills and capacity within DECC
- Offshore electricity transmission and the licensing regime in place
Image: Parliamentary copyright