The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence in public on the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme at 11.45 am on Thursday 17 May 2012 in the Grimond Room, Portcullis House.
Who will give evidence?
At 11.45 am
- Rhian Kelly, Director, Business Environment, CBI
- James Murray, Editor, Business Green
- Bex McIntosh, Client Associate, Global Action Plan
- Trewin Restorick, CEO, Global Action Plan
- Andy Johnston, Director, Local Government Information Unit and Chief Executive, Local Energy.
At 12.30 pm
- Tony Grayling, Head of Climate Change and Sustainable Places, Environment Agency
- Neil Emmott, Environment and Business Manager, Environment Agency
- Niall MacKenzie, Head of Industrial Energy Efficiency, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Paul Wilson, Head of CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme Team, Department of Energy and Climate Change
Timings are approximate.
What topics will be covered?
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- The impact of the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme to date
- The Government’s proposed simplifications to the Scheme
- Business perceptions of the Scheme