The Energy and Climate Change Committee continues its inquiry into Carbon Capture and Storage in the Select Committee Suite, Interdisciplinary Centre of the Social Sciences, University of Sheffield, 219 Portobello, S1 4DP.
Thursday 23 January 2014.
Panel 1 at 2.00pm:
- Professor Jon Gibbins, University of Edinburgh
- Dr David Reiner, University of Cambridge
- Dr Jerome Neufeld, University of Cambridge
Panel 2 at 3.00pm:
- Dr David Clarke, Energy Technologies Institute
- Rodney John Allam, NET Power
- Chris Hodrien, Claverton Energy Group
- Darren Hopkins, British Biochar Foundation
Timings are approximate.
Topics to be covered
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
- How CCS will impact on the UK’s climate change ambitions;
- Public perceptions of CCS;
- Issues around carbon storage and safety; and
- Alternative CCS capture technologies.