The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold a one-off oral evidence session on the UN climate change negotiations in Cancun on Wednesday 15 December 2010 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
What will be discussed?
- The outcome of the Cancun conference and what this means for international efforts to tackle climate change
- Key matters arising from the conference
- The role of the UK and EU in the negotiations
- The prospects for further international action on climate change
At 3.15 pm the Committee will hear from:
- Rt Hon Chris Huhne MP, Secretary of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Gregory Barker MP, Minister of State for Climate Change
- Pete Betts, Director, International Climate Change
Image: Parliamentary copyright