The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold a one-off public hearing on the ‘Effect on energy usage of extending British Summer Time’ today at 10am in Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster.
Who is giving evidence?
At 10.15 am
- Dr Elizabeth Garnsey, University of Cambridge
- Dr Simon Hill, University of Cambridge
- Alan Smart, Energy Operations Manager, National Grid
What will be discussed?
The session will cover a broad range of issues, including:
- What are the benefits of extending British Summer Time (BST)?
- What are the effects on energy usage of extending BST?
- What effect will extending BST have on achieving UK renewables and emission reduction targets?
Image: Parliamentary copyright