The Energy and Climate Change Committee will take evidence on Bioenergy on Tuesday 21 May 2013, at 10am in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
Panel 1, 10.00am
- Harry Huyton, Head of Climate Change, RSPB
- Dr Raphael Slade, Centre for Energy Policy and Technology, Imperial College
- Hamish Macleod, Director of Public Affairs, BSW Timber
- Alastair Kerr, Director General, Wood Panel Industries Federation
Panel 2, 11.00am
- Dorothy Thompson, CEO, Drax Group plc
- Todd Bush, Sales and Marketing Director, Green Circle Bioenergy (US Industrial Pellets Association)
- Marcus Whately, Director, Estover Energy Ltd
- John Smith, Managing Director, GB Railfreight
Timings are approximate.
The session will explore a range of issues, including:
• The UK bioenergy strategy;
• The Role of biomass in decarbonisation;
• Potential benefit to the economy arising from development of the bioenergy industry;
• The Impact of biomass on food security and biodiversity;
• Sustainability of Biomass;
• Challenges to scaling up biomass; and
• Domestic vs. Non-domestic supply.
Written evidence from witnesses
Read written evidence submitted to the Committee by some of the witnesses appearing: