The Energy and Climate Change Committee will hold a one-off public evidence session on the subject of Bioenergy at 10.15 am on Tuesday 21 February 2012 in the Thatcher room, Portcullis House [location confirmed].
At 10.15am, 21 February, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- David Kennedy, The Committee on Climate Change (CCC)
- Duncan MacQueen, International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Harry Huyton, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- Dr Alena Buyx, Nuffield Council on Bioethics
- Dr David Clarke, Energy Technologies Institute
- Dr Jeremy Tomkinson, NNFCC-National Centre for Biorenewable Energy, Fuels and Materials
- David Knibbs, Vireol
- James Primrose, British Petroleum (BP)
- How can we ensure that the use of biofuels is sustainable and leads to a decrease in greenhouse gas emissions?
- What are the impacts of emissions associated with direct and indirect land-use change?
- If the EU can only meet its renewables target by importing biofuels, what effects does this have on countries that grow the feedstock and export it?
- How well-positioned is UK industry to take advantage of the development of bioenergy?