The Committee on Education, Skills and the Economy hears from national careers bodies and Ofsted as part of its inquiry into careers advice, information and guidance.
Monday 21 March 2016, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Joe Billington, Director, National Careers Service
- Sean Harford, National Director, Education, Ofsted
- Claudia Harris, Chief Executive, Careers and Enterprise Company
Focus of the session
Questions in the session are likely to focus on the following areas:
- The quality of careers information, advice and guidance in England
- How effectively different Government departments and other bodies work together on careers information, advice and guidance
- Building links between employers and schools, and the extent to which careers information, advice and guidance is aligned to the needs of the labour market
- The role of careers information, advice and guidance in promoting apprenticeships.
Follow the progress of this inquiry and read evidence published by the Committee.