The Education Committee continues its inquiry into Underachievement in Education of White Working Class Children on Wednesday 15 January.
Wednesday 15 January, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Christopher Wood, Ofsted
- David Hughes, Chief Executive, National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE)
- Dr Kevan Collins, Chief Executive, Education Endowment Foundation
- Professor Stephen Gorard, Professor of Education and Public Policy, Durham University
- Vic Goddard, Principal, Passmores Academy, Essex
- Dr John Stephens, National College of Teaching and Leadership
- Heath Monk, Chief Executive, Future Leaders Trust
- David Jones, Federation Head, Holybrook Primary School and Parkland Primary School, Bradford
Purpose of the session
This is the second session in the White Working Class inquiry, with one panel addressing what schools can do to deliver improved outcomes for White working class children, and a second focused on the view from the ‘front line’ on the nature of the problem, what interventions work, and how national policy can help.