The Education Committee holds the fifth evidence session in its inquiry into Foundation Years: Sure Start children's centres on Wednesday 26 June 2013.
Wednesday 26 June, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Sally Russell, Co-founder, Netmums
- Adrienne Burgess, Joint Chief Executive & Head of Research, The Fatherhood Institute
- Jill Rutter, Research Manager, Family and Childcare Trust
- Liz Bayram, Joint Chief Executive, Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY)
- Anne Longfield, Chief Executive, 4Children
- Lisa Harker, Head of Strategy, NSPCC
- Vicki Lant, Head of Children’s Centre Development, Barnardo’s
- Julie Longworth, Operational Director Children’s Services, Action for Children
Purpose of the session
This is the fifth oral evidence session in the Committee’s inquiry into Sure Start children’s centres. The first panel will focus on the views of users of children’s centres, both parents and childminders. The Committee will explore how well children’s centres are working with mothers and fathers, including how well they are reaching the most vulnerable families. With the second panel, the Committee will question representatives from voluntary sector organisations involved in Sure Start children’s centres.