The Education Committee will hold the third evidence session in its inquiry into Foundation Years: Sure Start children's centres on Wednesday 5 June.
Wednesday 5 June, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Professor Edward Melhuish, Executive Director, National Evaluation of Sure Start, Birkbeck, University of London
- Professor Kathy Sylva, Professor of Educational Psychology, University of Oxford
- Caroline Sharp, Research Director, National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER)
- Professor Peter Moss, Emeritus Professor, Thomas Coram Research Unit, Institute of Education
At approximately 10.30am
- Susan Gregory, Director, Early Childhood, Ofsted
- Heather Rushton, Independent consultant and former Director, Centre for Excellence and Outcomes (C4EO)
- Professor Leon Feinstein, Head of Evidence, Early Intervention Foundation
Purpose of the session
This is third oral evidence session of the Committee’s inquiry into Sure Start children’s centres. With the first panel, the Committee will explore how current Government policy relates to research evidence on children’s centres. The Committee will examine with the second panel how best to ensure a focus on quality and outcomes in the work of Sure Start children’s centres.