The Committee is holding a one-off evidence session into special educational needs, following publication of the Government’s 2011 Green Paper and the recent ‘next steps’ document.
The Committee will be examining progress across the range of policies proposed by the Department for Education in this area, hearing from a panel of experts and from the Minister in charge.
Wednesday 20 June 2012, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Philippa Stobbs, Vice Chair (Policy), Special Educational Consortium
- Jane McConnell, Chief Executive, Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)
- Professor Brahm Norwich, Professor of Education Psychology and SEN, University of Exeter
- Martin Bacon, Principal, Swavesey Village College
- Debbie Jones, Director of Children's Services, Lambeth, President, Association of Directors of Children's Services (ADCS)
At approximately 10.30am
- Sarah Teather MP, Minister of State for Children and Families
About Parliament: Select Committees
Visiting Parliament: Watch Committees
Topics: Speical Education Needs