MPs examine sports in schools delivery & London 2012 legacy
21 May 2013
The Education Committee will hold the second evidence session in its inquiry into School Sports following London 2012 on Tuesday 21 May.
Tuesday 21 May 2013, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Wayne Allsopp, Business Development Manager, New College Leicester
- Trystan Williams, Head, The Springfields Academy, Wiltshire
- Denise Gladwell, Head, St Breock Primary School, Cornwall
- Paul Harris, Head, Curwen School, Newham, London
At approximately 10.30am
- Baroness (Sue) Campbell, Chair of Youth Sport Trust
- Baroness (Tanni) Grey-Thompson
- Dame Tessa Jowell
Purpose of the Session
The Committee will explore with the first panel the delivery of school sports within individual schools, and the extent to which the Olympic and Paralympic legacy has influenced what and how sports and PE are delivered. The second panel will give the Committee the opportunity to discuss the extent to which the Olympic and Paralympic legacy has been and will be delivered in the context of school sports.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Culture, media and sport, Education, Schools, Sports, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page