Education Committee takes evidence on the Role of School Governing Bodies
30 January 2013
The Education Committee will hold an evidence session on Wednesday 30 January 2013 the first session of its inquiry into the Role of School Governing Bodies.
Witnesses and Venue
Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Emma Knights, Chief Executive, National Governors' Association
- Fergal Roche, School Governor and Chief Executive, Ten Professional Support
- Frank Newhofer, School Governor
- Richard Gold, School Governor and Education Lawyer
- Neil Calvert, Headteacher, Long Eaton School, Derbyshire
- Chris Hill, Headteacher, Hounslow Town Primary School
- Mike Cladingbowl, National Director, Schools, Ofsted
- Chris James, Professor of Educational Leadership and Management, Dept of Education, University of Bath
Purpose of the Session
In this session the Committee will take evidence from a panel of school governors and their representative body and a panel of headteachers, Ofsted and an academic expert to explore the main issues in their new inquiry into the role of school governing bodies.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Education, Ofsted, Schools, Committee news