The Education Committee will take oral evidence for its inquiry into the role and performance of Ofsted on Wednesday 8 December in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House at 9.30am
Watch the meeting: Parliament TV
At 9.30 am
- Anthony Douglas CBE, Chief Executive, CAFCASS;
- Eleanor Schooling, Director of Children’s Services, Islington (for the Association of Directors of Children’s Services);
- Local Government Association; and
- Professor Nick Frost, Leeds Metropolitan University.
At 10.30 am (approx.)
- Jonathan Stanley, Principal Officer, National Children’s Bureau Residential Child Care;
- Robert Tapsfield, Chief Executive, The Fostering Network;
- Kate Groucutt, Policy Director, The Daycare Trust; and
- Sue Kent, Professional Officer (England), British Association of Social Workers
As its inquiry into the role and performance of Ofsted continues, the Committee turns its attention to the inspection of children’s services and non-education provision. In the first session on 8th December, the Committee will hear evidence from three major organisations in the field of children’s services and local government – the Association of Directors of Children’s Services, the Local Government Association, and CAFCASS – as well as from academic Nick Frost, a noted expert on the leadership of children’s services. In the second half of the meeting, witnesses will include representatives of other children’s settings inspected by Ofsted – including social workers, fostering providers and children’s residential care.