The Education Committee holds its first evidence session in its inquiry on Residential Children's Home in England.
Wednesday 6 November 2013, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster
- Dr Roger Morgan, Children's Rights Director, Office of the Children’s Rights Director
- Richard Servian, Member, British Association of Social Workers
- Tom Rahilly, Head of Strategy and Development for Looked After Children, NSPCC
- Councillor Robert Light, Deputy Chair, Local Government Association
- Jonathan Stanley. Chief Executive Officer, Independent Children’s Homes Association (ICHA)
- Lisa Pascoe, Senior HMI, Ofsted
- Claire Dorer, Chief Executive Officer, NASS
Purpose of the session
This is the first formal oral evidence session in the Committee’s inquiry into residential children’s homes in England. The first part of the session provides a general introduction with a focus on the needs and experience of children. The second part of the session will look at placements, regulation and quality control.