The Education Committee revisits the conclusions and recommendations made by its predecessor Committee into looked-after children on Wednesday 15 December at 9.30 in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House
Watch the meeting: Parliament TV
The Committee will hold a one-off oral evidence session on looked-after children, to follow up the conclusions and recommendations of the former Children, Schools and Families Committee in its major report on looked-after children, published in April 2009. The session is likely to include discussions on increases in the care population, scope for future investment in programmes to prevent family break-up, and the preparation of looked-after children for adulthood.
At 9.30 am
- Jon Fayle, Chair, National Association of Independent Reviewing Officers;
- David Holmes, Chief Executive, British Association for Adoption and Fostering;
- Dr Roger Morgan OBE, Children’s Rights Director for England, and
- Maxine Wrigley, Chief Executive, A National Voice.
At 10.30 am
- Tim Loughton MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Children and Families, Department for Education.