The Education Committee holds an oral evidence session to explore the concerns of head teacher representatives and to question the regulator Ofqual about what took place regarding the grading of GCSE English exams this year.
Tuesday 11 September, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Brian Lightman, General Secretary, Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL)
- Mike Griffiths, Head master, Northampton School for Boys and President, Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL)
- Russell Hobby, General Secretary, National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT)
- Kenny Fredericks, Principal, George Green's School
At 10.15am approx
- Glenys Stacey, Chief Regulator, Ofqual
- Cath Jadhav, Acting Director of Standards, Ofqual
- Amanda Spielman, Chair, Ofqual
Purpose of the Session
Announcing the session Graham Stuart MP, Chair of the Education Committee, said:
"As the independent regulator, Ofqual is accountable to Parliament through my Committee. We are also keen to hear from head teachers on this important topic before we take evidence from the Secretary of State on Wednesday 12 September."