The Education Committee holds the seventh evidence session in its inquiry into Foundation Years: Sure Start children's centres on Wednesday 4 September 2013.
Wednesday 4 September 2013, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Professor Cathy Nutbrown, Professor of Education, University of Sheffield
- Ben Thomas, National Officer, UNISON Education and Children’s Services
- Sue Egersdorf, Independent Consultant
- Brian Tytherleigh, Director of Operations, National College of Teaching and Leadership, DfE
- Cllr Peter John, London Councils Executive member for children and young people
- Cllr David Simmonds, Chairman of the Children and Young People Board, Local Government Association
- Jon Stonehouse, Deputy Director of Children’s Services, Salford City Council
- Annette Wray, Area Manager, Early Years and Family Support Team, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Purpose of the session
The first panel focuses on workforce qualifications and training. The second panel consists of witnesses from local government and is intended to provide an opportunity to discuss the relationship between local councils and Sure Start children’s centres.