Education Committee visits Pen Green Centre in Corby
06 March 2013
The Education Committee holds the second evidence session in its Foundation Years: Sure Start Children's Centres inquiry on Wednesday 6 March 2013.
Witnesses and venue
Pen Green Centre for Children and their Families, Corby, Northants, NN17 1BJ
- Angela Prodger, Deputy Head of Centre (with the responsibility for nursery provision), Pen Green Centre for Children and Families
- Cllr Bob Scott, Chair of Governors Pen Green Centre for Children and Families
- Christine Wheelan, Head of Centre, Croyland Children's Centre & Nursery School
- Ellen Wallace, Principal of the Woodnewton Academy Trust
- Alex Hopkins, Director of Children, Customers and Education, Northamptonshire County Council
- Diane Dinch, Locality Clinical Team Facilitator, Corby and Kettering Health Visiting Teams
- Maggie McKay, Senior Coordinator, Home-Start Corby
- Nicki Price, Chief Officer, Corby Commissioning Group, Willowbrook Health Centre
Purpose of the session
The session is intended to give the Committee an opportunity to hear the views of those responsible for running children’s centres, for commissioning services or working as partners with children’s centres on current Government policy in relation to Sure Start children’s centres.
The public session will be preceded in the morning by a private visit by the Committee to the centre.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Communities and families, Education, Local authorities, Pre-school education, Children and families, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page