On Wednesday 19 October 2011 the Education Committee will take evidence on the child protection system in England.
Wednesday 19 October 2011, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- John Goldup, National Director, Development and Strategy, Ofsted
- Jim Gamble, former head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)
At approximately 10.30am
- Professor Harriet Ward, Professor of Child and Family Research and Director, Centre for Child and Family Research, University of Loughborough
- Professor Nina Biehal, Research Director, Children and Young People’s Social Work Team, University of York
- Dr Marian Brandon, Senior Lecturer in Social Work and Director of Post-qualifying programmes, University of East Anglia
Purpose of the session
This is the first evidence session in the Committee’s new inquiry into the Child Protection System in England. Today’s session will set the scene by exploring the key strengths and weakness of the system, tensions between different agencies and policies and seeking to understand what is preoccupying frontline practitioners.