The Education Committee continues its inquiry into behaviour and discipline in schools in a session with front-line staff who deal with challenging behaviour by pupils, and with evidence from the Schools Minister Nick Gibb MP.
In the first half of the session, the Committee hears from behaviour consultants and teachers in order to gain a ‘coalface’ perspective of pupil behaviour.
The second half of the session with the Minister of State for Schools, Nick Gibb MP, is likely to range more widely and to cover all aspects of Government policy on behaviour and discipline in schools.
At 9.30 am
- Katharine Birbalsingh
- Sue Cowley, educational author, trainer and presenter
- Paul Dix, behaviour management trainer, author and Director of Pivotal Education Ltd
- Daisy Christodolou, Teach First Ambassador
- Tom Trust, former elected member for secondary sector, General Teaching Council for England
At 10.30 am (approx.)
- Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for Schools, Department for Education