The Education Committee visits York on 5 March 2012.
As part of a day's visit to York, the Education Committee will visit two schools and meet with a range of local teachers and trainees before taking formal evidence from local head teachers and training specialists about how to attract, train and retain the best teachers in UK schools.
Monday 5 March 2012 in the Guildhall, York
- Trevor Burton, Head, Millthorpe School
- Anna Cornhill, Head, Scarcroft Primary School
- Richard Ludlow, Head, Robert Wilkinson Primary School
- Steve Smith, Head, Fulford School
- Mike Hickman, Head of Initial Teacher Education, York St John University
- Paula Mountford, Director of Initial Teacher Training, York University
- Sarah Trussler, Head of Primary Education, Leeds Trinity University College
Purpose of the Session
As the Committee comes to the end of its inquiry into teacher training and supply, a broad range of themes will be examined, including post-ITT development for teachers, key Government reforms, and the variety of routes into teaching.