The Education Committee will hold an evidence session on Wednesday 13 March 2013 on Asbestos in Schools.
Wednesday 13 March, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Michael Lees, Asbestos in Schools Group
- Julian Peto, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Julie Winn, Chair, Joint Union Asbestos Committee
- Roger Leighton, Headteacher, The Sydney Russell School, Dagenham
- David Laws, Minister of State for Schools
- David Ashton, Director of Field Operations Directorate, Health and Safety Executive
Purpose of the Session
This is a one-off oral evidence session on the issues relating to asbestos in English schools. The first panel of witnesses gives the Committee the opportunity to explore the issues raised with interest groups, experts in the field and individuals with direct experience of the problem. This will be followed by evidence from the Schools Minister and the Health and Safety Executive on relevant Government policies.