The Education Committee takes further evidence on academies and free schools on Wednesday 9 April 2014.
Wednesday 9 April 2014, Committee room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Lucy Heller, Chief Executive, ARK
- John Clarke, Deputy Director of Children’s Services – Education and Inclusion, Hampshire County Council
- Emma Knights, Chief Executive, National Governors Association
- Sue Higgins, Executive Leader, Local Government, National Audit Office
- Anastasia de Waal, Director of Family and Education, Civitas
- Nick Weller, Chair, Independent Academies Association and Executive Principal, Dixons Academies
Timings are approximate.
Purpose of the session
This session considers appropriate models of oversight and accountability for academies and free schools, including the role of Ofsted, the local authority and the ‘middle-tier’.
Twitter users can engage with the Committee’s inquiry into Academies and Free Schools via use of the suggested hashtag: #EducomAcademies