Education Committee takes evidence on 2012 GCSE English results
12 March 2013
The Education Committee holds an oral evidence session on Tuesday 12 March 2013 on the 2012 GCSE English results.
Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Andrew Hall, Chief Executive Officer, AQA
- Ziggy Liaquat, Managing Director, Edexcel
- Mark Dawe, Chief Executive, OCR
- Gareth Pierce, Chief Executive, WJEC
- Leighton Andrews, AM, Minister for Education and Skills, National Assembly for Wales
- Chris Tweedale, Director of Schools and Young People Group, Welsh Government
Purpose of the session
The Committee will question senior exam board representatives about the 2012 GCSE English results in the light of the outcome of the judicial review and consider the lessons which need to be learnt for the future.
The Committee will also take evidence from the Minister for Education and Skills in Wales and one of his senior officials about the decision to order a re-grade of the summer 2012 GCSE English Language exams for candidates in Wales and about the future of cross-border regulation and qualifications policy.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Devolution, Education, Parliament, House of Commons news, Members of Parliament, Wales, Committee news, England, Higher education, Ofsted, Schools, National Assembly for Wales, Central government
Share this page