The Education Committee takes evidence from Ministers from the Departments of Health and Education as part of its inquiry into the mental health and well-being of looked-after children.
Wednesday 3 February 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Shankly Monksfield, looked after young person
- Teresa Latham, foster carer
- Christine Malone, foster carer
Focus of the session
The Committee speaks to a young person about their experience of mental health services whilst in care and fain the perspective of two foster carers. The Committee also questions Ministers from the Department for Education and Department of Health on areas such as:
- The initial assessment of looked-after children
- Access to CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services)
- Local Transformation Plans
- Development of the workforce
Read written evidence submitted to the Committee and follow the progress of this inquiry.
Image: Parliamentary copyright