The Education Committee announces inquiry into the role of Regional Schools Commissioners.
Written submissions are invited addressing the following points:
- What the role of Regional Schools Commissioners currently is, how this might change as the academies landscape evolves, and what the role of RSCs should be
- Whether there are sufficient RSCs and Headteacher Boards to fulfil their expanding role, and whether they have adequate resources
- What evidence exists on the early operation of RSCs in terms of their impact, and how this impact should be measured
- What relationship RSCs should have with Ofsted, local authorities, the DfE, individual schools and local communities
- How RSCs should be held to account in their role
The deadline for receipt of evidence is midday on Wednesday 9 September 2015. Submissions can be made through the inquiry page.