The Culture, Media and Sport Committee holds a further evidence session on ticket abuse.
Purpose of the session
The Committee picks up some of the issues it considered in November 2016.
Since then, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) have launched an enforcement investigation into the four main secondary ticketing platforms and the Secretary of State has asked HMRC to look into potential under-reporting of income of these sites.
There have been many cases of fans who have been exploited by the ticketing markets reported in the press, where tickets to music and sporting events have been on sale at exorbitant prices.
The Committee considers the actions the Government is proposing to take to tackle this problem, as well as its response to the independent report by Professor Waterson.
Tuesday 21 March 2017, the Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Viagogo representatives
- Rob Wimshurst, See Tickets
- Keith Kenny, Sales and Ticketing Director for 'Hamilton', Cameron Macintosh
- Stuart Camp, Ed Sheeran's manager
- Stuart Galbraith, music tour promoter
At 12 midday
- Claire Turnham, Campaign Leader of Victim of Viagogo #VofV
- Mark McGivern, journalist, Daily Record