Commons Communities and Local Government Committee ask councillors, a planning inspector and the Secretary of State about the removal of house building targets and fundamental changes to the strategic planning system.
In the closing session of this inquiry into the Government’s recent decision to revoke and abolish regional spatial strategies (RSSs), the Committee will today be asking a number of local government leaders, a representative from the Planning Inspectorate and the minister to discuss the impact of this change to the strategic planning system.
Questions during this session will also focus on the Government's decision to kill off house building targets and replace them with the so-called New Homes Bonus.
- Councillor Harker, East Midlands Council
- Councillor Ken Thornber, Leader, Hampshire County Council
- Councillor Symon Fraser, Cabinet Member for Environment and Planning, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Councillor Derek Antrobus, Chair of the Planning and Housing Commission, AGMA (The Association of Greater Manchester Authorities)
- The Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government,
- and representative from the Planning Inspectorate, Department for Communities and Local Government
Image: Parliamentary copyright