The Communities and Local Government Committee will hold an evidence session with the Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and his colleagues on Monday 13 September.
The committee is likely to ask questions relating to topics such as;
- the position and influence of the department within Whitehall
- proposed changes to housing policy
- the planning system and the remit and funding of local government
- the replacement of the Audit Commission with a new decentralised audit regime
- localism, place based budgets and consequent changes to local authority accountability
- the role of Third Sector organisations in future delivery of public services.
- The Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
- Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, Minister for Housing and Local Government
- Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Minister for Decentralisation