The Communities and Local Government Committee holds its fourth oral evidence session which is focusing on the practical issues of delivering effective procurement.
Monday 18 November 2013
- Gordon Millward, Chair, South and East Yorkshire Region, Federation of Small Businesses
- Stephen Williams, President, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce
- Ian Drayton, Chair, Sheffield Third Sector Assembly
- Simon Hill, Managing Director, Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation
- Paul Smith, Procurement and Supply Chain Director, Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation
- Barry Mellor, Director of Commercial Services, Sheffield City Council
- Cllr Ian Saunders, Cabinet Adviser for Finance and Resources, Sheffield City Council
In July the Committee launched an investigation into local government procurement with a focus on the extent to which the sector is delivering good value for money and meeting the objectives of local communities.
On the afternoon of 18 November the Committee will take evidence in Sheffield on the practical issues of delivering effective procurement.