A senior police officer who investigated criminality at a park home site in Worcestershire in 2007 gives evidence today about the adequacy and operation of the law as it relates to park homes. Selected councils, trading standards officers and site owners also give evidence on the licensing, operation and policing of park homes.
Location: The Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Detective Inspector Mark Colquhoun, West Mercia Police
- Lyn Collins, Regulatory Services, Consumer Protection and Investigations Team Leader, Cheshire West and Chester Council
- Katie Hooper, Private Sector Housing Team Leader, Bromsgrove District Council
4.50 pm (approximately)
- Martin Fisher, Trading Standards Officer, Cornwall County Council
- Clive Phillips, Trading Standards Officer, Kent County Council
- Sylvia Rook, Policy Officer and Joint Lead Officer Fair Trading, Trading Standards Institute
5.40 pm (approximately)
- Alfie Best, Chairman, Wyldecrest
- David Sunderland, Estates Manager, Wyldecrest
- Jeffrey Small senior, Owner, JBS Park Homes
- Jeffrey Small junior, Owner, JBS Park Homes
- Gary Self, General Manager, JBS Park Homes
The Committee announced an inquiry into Park Homes on 21 December 2011.
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen’s entrance. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.