The Committee announced an inquiry into the Government’s plans for localism and decentralisation of public services on 28 July 2010. This is the second evidence session in the series.
Monday 15 November 2010, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
At 4.30 pm
- Professor George Jones, Emeritus Professor of Government, London School of Economics
- Professor John Stewart, Emeritus Professor of Local Government, University of Birmingham
- Henry Peterson, Consultant
At 5.15 pm
- Andy Sawford, Chief Executive, Local Government Information Unit
- Ed Cox, Director, IPPR North
- Alex Thomson, Chief Executive, Localis
Further evidence sessions will be announced in due course.
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen’s entrance. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.