The Communities and Local Government Committee holds the first evidence session for its inquiry on the role of local authorities in health issues. The session takes evidence on, and examines, preparations for the transfer of public health responsibilities to local authorities.
Wednesday 21 November 2012, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- David Buck, Senior Fellow, Public Health and Inequalities, The King's Fund
- Dr Nick Hicks, Milton Keynes Director of Public Health and Programme Director for Public Health, NHS Commissioning Board
- Graham Jukes, Chief Executive, Chartered Institution of Environmental Health
- Dr John Middleton, Vice President, UK Faculty of Health and Director of Public Health, Sandwell PCT
- Duncan Selbie, Chief Executive designate, Public Health England
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen's entrance. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.