This is the first evidence session on financing of new housing supply.
Monday 21 November 2011, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Andy Hull, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Public Policy Research
- Peter Williams, Director, Cambridge Centre for Housing and Planning Research
- Jim Vine, Head of Programme, UK Housing Policy and Practice, Building and Social Housing Foundation
- Roger Harding, Head of Policy, Research and Public Affairs, Shelter
- John Stewart, Director of Economic Affairs, Home Builders Federation
- Cllr Clyde Loakes, Vice Chair, Environment and Housing Board, Local Government Association
- Ian Fletcher, Director of Policy (Real Estate), British Property Federation
- Abigail Davies, Assistant Director of Policy and Practice, Chartered Institute of Housing
The Committee announced an inquiry into the Financing of new housing supply on 6 September 2011.
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen’s entrance. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.