The Communities and Local Government Committee holds the first evidence session for the Councillors and the Community inquiry.
Monday 2 July 2012, The Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Dame Jane Roberts, former Chair of the Councillors Commission
At 4.50 pm
- Professor Colin Copus, Professor of Local Politics, De Montfort University
- Liz Richardson, Research Fellow, University of Manchester
- Professor Michael Thrasher, Professor of Politics, Plymouth University
At 5.25 pm
- Councillor Peter Fleming, Chair, Improvement Board, Local Government Association
- Tim Gilling, Acting Executive Director, Centre for Public Scrutiny
- Caroline Abrahams, Director of External Affairs, Age UK
The inquiry is looking at the role councillors play in their communities.
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen’s entrance. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.